Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- 1. How do I know I am getting the correct engine from you?
- Since we are engine specialist we will make sure you get the correct engine.
- 2. Can I have my engine rebuilt?
- 3. Is the cost the same to have my engine rebuilt?
- 4. Is there a core charge for your engines?
- Yes there are core charges that you will get back as long as we get a rebuildable core. Please call if you have question concerning your core.
- 5. How do I get my engine to you?
- Just call us and we will pick it up.
- 6. Is the warranty the same if I install my own engine and not a certified mechanic?
- Yes the warranty is the same if you install it but please call us if you have questions installing or engine tuning we are here to help you.
- 7. How do I make payment?
- Payment can be made from credit cards or checks in advance before your engine is released.
- 8. Do you ship to all states in the United States?
- We ship everywhere in the united states.
- 9. The prices you list are for long blocks what is a long block?
- Long block is the short blocks with heads and rockers bolted on this converts short block to long block.
- 10. Do you also do drop in engines?
- Drop in engines are custom rebuilding this means you have to send us your complete engine and we do it all at a added cost.
- 11. Can I order extra parts for my engine?
- Yes you can order new parts for your engine from us and we will also install them for extra costs.
- 12. Can I order an engine with all the tin installed?
- Yes we can install your tin oil pan, timing cover and valve cover for an extra cost.
- 13. Can you build me a engine that will use less fuel?
- We have tested this with many engines we do know how to build an engine that will use less fuel and at the same time have more torque.
- 14. What's the difference between rebuilt and remanufactured engines?
- That just depends on who you ask, we re-build engine and are then called rebuilt engine. To us remanufacture means to make a used part new. Why because manufacture is to make a part remanufacture is to just as it sounds.
- 15. How do you rebuild your engine?
- We start with an engine core and throw away all the parts we can purchase new. This leaves us with the engine castings - block, crankshaft, rods and cylinder heads.
Contact for shipping info
Professional Engine Installations are available in house. Please call for availability and specific price rates for each vehicle.
U.S. Engine provides customers with free or discount towing services to its installation center for custom engine installations.